South African Airways is delighted to partner Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom movie release in the UK.
The winner of the Walk to Freedom Quiz will be chosen randomly from the entrants with the highest score.
Support the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund (UK) and help to raise funds to build a hospital for children in South Africa.Donate Prizes T&Cs
By entering this contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (or “Contest Rules”). Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Contest Rules. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify users, without notice, and for any reason.
This competition is governed by English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.
The Sponsor: South African Airways UK (SAA), 77 Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8AD, United Kingdom;
Contest Site: www.walktofreedomquiz.com
Sponsor’s Website: www.flysaa.com
Sponsor’s Facebook pages: http://www.facebook.com/SouthAfricanAirwaysUnitedKingdom
Potential Winner: An entrant selected to win the prize but who has not received an email entitled ‘Receipt of Prize Claim form’ from The Sponsor.
Confirmed Winner: An entrant who has received an email entitled ‘Receipt of Prize Claim form’ from the Sponsor.
To enter, you must:
1. Be a UK citizen or permanent legal resident. Entry is void where prohibited by law.
2. Be of any age, although prize winners under 18 yrs of age must be accompanied by adult.
3. Not be an SAA employee, Sun International employee or the immediate family members of an SAA employee or Sun International employee. Immediate family includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings and children.
4. Enter between 05.12.2013 09:00 hrs GMT and 15.01.2014 23:59 hrs GMT
5. Enter using the Contest Site only.
6. Fulfil the Entry Criteria.
7. Enter the Contest once only
8. Comply with these Terms and Conditions
The Sponsor reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if it is determined that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize.
An entry consists of:
1. Answering the 10 Quiz questions on the Contest site.
2. Signing into the entrant’s facebook or twitter account. Entrants who do not own a facebook or twitter account cannot enter the contest.
3. Providing a full name that matches the associated facebook or twitter account.
4. Providing the entrant’s Country of Residency. Entry is applicable to UK residents only.
5. Providing a regularly monitored email address since prize winners will be contacted by email only.
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest. A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
By entering the contest, entrants agree to submit their name, email address and Country of Residency. This data will be used by The Sponsor to administer the competition and contact the winner only, unless the entrant has subscribed to The Sponsor’s newsletter.
The entrant’s social media profile picture and name will be displayed on the Sponsor’s Contest Site, the Sponsor’s social media pages and any other media the sponsor deems appropriate for any purpose, at any time. This data may also be passed on to third parties. Such third parties will have an association to the promotion of the contest.
The entrant agrees to The Sponsor publishing content on the entrant’s facebook wall or twitter feed promoting the contest. The content of this promotion will be advised at the time of entry to which the entrant must accept.
The entrant’s email address will not be distributed to any third parties who may or may not be associated with the contest, unless the Sponsor has obtained prior consent from the entrant.
One (1) prize is equal to a 7 night holiday for two (2) people in South Africa.
It includes a pair of return SAA tickets (including all taxes and surcharges) from London Heathrow (LHR) to South Africa with connecting flights between Cape Town Airport (CPT), Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ) and Johannesburg Airport (JNB).
Plus, one (1) luxury double room for two (2) people sharing, on a complimentary bed and breakfast basis, at the following Sun International Hotels & Resorts:
· Four (4) nights at The Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town, opened by Mandela himself in 1997
· Two (2) nights at The Boardwalk Hotel, a new 5 star luxury hotel in Port Elizabeth. Opened in December last year this hotel overlooks the Indian Ocean at the heart of Mandela Bay
· One (1) night at the urban sanctuary, The Maslow Hotel, a new 4 star deluxe hotel in the heart of the Sandton retail district of Johannesburg, opened in January 2013
The following conditions apply to the prize:
· A pair of SAA tickets must be booked at the same time and together for travel on the same flights, dates and times.
· Tickets will be issued in the Confirmed Winner’s name and their one (1) nominated travel partner only, infants not permitted.
· Tickets are in the Economy cabin only.
· Tickets are for SAA flights only.
· Tickets will be issued in G Class and fare rules will apply.
· The prize is valid for travel between 17 February 2014 and the 01 December 2014, subject to availability. Please note, travel over Bank Holidays, school Half Term holidays, the Easter period and school summer holidays will not be available.
· The reservation must be confirmed and tickets issued at least 21 days prior to travel.
· The travel period will not be extended.
· The prize is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any other goods, services, cash or other financial gain and cannot be used in conjunction with any special offers, discounts or promotions.
· The hotels are listed in no particular order. The itinerary will be determined and arranged by The Sponsor based upon availability at the time of booking. Changes to the itinerary are not permitted at any time.
· Travel availability can only be confirmed by The Sponsor’s “Sales Support” team, as described on the “Receipt of Prize Claim Form”. Confirmation of travel through any other source will be null and void.
· Unless indicated otherwise in these Contest Rules, supplementary travel, dining and leisure arrangements / purchases are not included in the prize. This includes but is not limited to airport transfers, any transport, any meals, snacks, drinks, telephone calls, laundry, dry cleaning, internet charges, roaming charges, tv/movie charges, entertainment, excursions, guided tours, trips and activities. Any charges incurred must be settled by the prize winner with the applicable service provider or retailer at the time of purchase, independently of The Sponsor.
· The Sponsor strongly advises that the Confirmed Winner does not commit to any supplementary travel arrangements until s/he receives an SAA ticket and hotel confirmation. The Sponsor and/or Sun International will not be held liable for costs incurred as a result of the cancellation or amendment of supplementary travel arrangements.
· All travel is subject to The Sponsor’s conditions of carriage, unless indicated otherwise in these Contest Rules.
· The Confirmed Winner is responsible for ensuring the names of all members of their party supplied to The Sponsor exactly match their passport(s) or applicable travel documentation. Non-compliance will result in denial to travel.
· Ticket changes including correction of names will be at the cost of the Confirmed Winner. The cost could incur the full price of a new ticket.
· The Confirmed Winner must comply with and is responsible for attending to and is liable for any costs associated with any travel insurance, inoculation and health regulations, and visa requirements required to visit the destination named in the prize for all members of their party.
· The prize is not subject to an upgrade either at the cost of The Sponsor, Sun International or at the cost of the Confirmed Winner or those related to the Confirmed Winner. Tickets cannot be upgraded using Voyager miles or any other loyalty rewards.
· Re-routing is not permitted.
· Stopovers are not permitted.
· All other changes are not permitted. Once the winner has confirmed their reservation with either SAA, Sun International and/or both parties, no date amendments will be accepted.
· Embargo restrictions may apply.
· Voyager miles or any other loyalty rewards cannot be accrued.
· The prize may not be sold or bartered for cash or other consideration. If tickets are determined by The Sponsor to have been purchased, sold or obtained in this manner, they will be Invalid and may be confiscated. Any contravention of these terms and conditions will render the passenger, or individual involved, liable for damages including, but not limited to legal costs.
· At the time of booking, the winner will be asked to provide two sets of travel dates in order of preference. All attempts will be made by The Sponsor to fulfill the winner’s requirements, however, the winner agrees to comply with the Contest Rules until a suitable itinerary and travel period has been arranged. Full details on how the prize can be claimed will be sent to the winner upon notification.
The winner with the highest score will be selected as the prize winner. In the event that multiple entrants have achieved the same highest score, each will be entered into one (1) prize draw and one (1) winner will be selected at random.
The Potential Winner will be contacted by the Sponsor’s “Sales Support” department by email between 16.01.2014 09:00 hrs GMT and 17.01.2014 17:00 hrs GMT along with a Prize Claim Form. S/he must complete and return the Prize Claim Form before 23.01.2014 17:00 hrs GMT as directed by the Sponsor. The Sponsor will subsequently send an email to the Potential Winner entitled “Receipt of Prize Claim Form” and only then is the Potential Winner declared a Confirmed Winner.
If the Potential Winner does not respond before the specified time, if the Potential Winner does not receive the “Receipt of Prize Claim Form” before 24.01.2014 17:00 hrs GMT, if the Sponsor’s email is returned as undeliverable, or if the Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and may be given to an alternate winner at the Sponsor’s discretion. All entrants must monitor their email account of the email provided at the time of entry on a regular basis between 16.01.2014 and 31.01.14 to ensure they do not miss any communication by The Sponsor. If after one (1) additional attempt to confirm a Winner the Sponsor is still unsuccessful, the prize will remain un-awarded. Copy of ID will be requested prior to dispatch to verify participants age and citizenship. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor is not required to review or respond to any appeal received from an entrant or a potential winner
Winner announcementOnce an entrant has been declared a Confirmed Winner, the entrant’s name, country of residence and social profile photo will be published on the Sponsor’s Facebook and Twitter pages. The Sponsor may also publish these details on any other media deemed fit by the Sponsor. In the event that a Confirmed Winner is not identified according to the Winner Notification paragraph of these Contest Rules, no announcement will be made.